Friday 19 July 2013

My ocean themed penny loo :)



Fortunately or unfortunately my home had all ensuite bathrooms.  Do you know what that meant???? It meant that my bathroom got used as the default bathroom for guests. All my daughters friends, my friends and miscellaneous 'guests' would cruise through my sanctuary to use the loo :( big time!   I had to be super diligent, cleaning every day--- ain't nobody got time for that!

Time to get creative...  I did have a hall closet filled with stuff...  The closet was an old school jobbie, with a heavy galvanised pipe running the length.  I guess just in case someone might want to hang meat there(?!!).   It had wood panelled walls and was quite narrow about 26 inches wide BUT it was almost 6 feet long. PERFECT for a little loo, powder room etc etc. yaaaaaaay, let the angels scream "Hallelujah! ... now get out of my room!!!!!"

First - ditch the junk! I mean who ever opened that door?     I have to confess, I found the perfect sink vanity for sale on line, something about a designer's mistake... I've since which seen their brothers in a local restaurant - lucky me.  Next the smallest adult toilet I could find and a curio shelf, some fish a few pennies and presto "penny loo!"


glass and wood vanity

















Looked right but it needed to work... we definitely need professionals, can't wing that kind of plumbing, could be a disaster of epic and smelly proportions!







Nassau Grouper by local artist, glass xmas balls with shells & pennies



About the decor .. I couldn't decide between an ocean or a penny theme so I combined it.  What do you think? I love it...ok, so no hefties, I better keep eating salads!







toodiva :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Of course ... you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is the local artist? ( if it does not fall under the Tool Diva's official secrets act ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her name is Janet Percy. I love her work

    ReplyDelete